Thursday, September 11, 2008

Well.

I still don't have a house. I have a home. But no house.

God. I fucking love it here. So much amazing food, and nice people, and the band is perfect. Stuff may need to get sorted out with the lineup, but the backbone is there. And that's all that matters. I feel so good about this decision. I was apprehensive, and I was lonely. But I realized that sorting things out and knowing that being alone isn't wrong or bad. Being alone is just...being alone. I don't have this outlet for romantic emotions and I don't really need one. There are people I miss and there are romantic feelings I wish I could pursue. But being alone is...sort of nice. I know that it's right for me right now. Just being alone and specifically not getting involved with anyone. But for tonight. For the past week as well. It's been nice not thinking about the next time I'll hold somebody, or when somebody will hold me. And I think I'm okay with that. And maybe there are exceptions (Duh. Karen.). But I think I'm okay with that too.

I think this city. These friends. And this new life is the foundation I needed to reestablish.

I don't really want to be anybody's baby anymore.

No comments: