Friday, September 5, 2008

There's something in the air. I can feel a much cooler breeze on the horizon. I can see rain and snow and sleet and hail. And it's all coming for me.

Today is the day I leave Redding for Portland. Today is the official embarking of a new adventure and chapter in my life. Everything that's happened so far has been a tunnel that's been leading to what I've perceived to be light. I'm leaving behind a lot. Namely my family, a few choices friends, and everything comfortable that I've ever known. That all was the first step out of the door onto this journey. This is the second leg and the door shutting behind me.

So if you're reading this thinking "I'm truly going to miss this guy", then thanks for the memories, and visit me soon. Relationships and dynamics can always change and become something equally positive and just different. And if you're thinking "this guy is a copout/sellout/asshole/coward/etc" you're probably right. But the good news is that you can go fuck yourself and never think about me again. Hopefully you won't see me when I visit home. I'm thinking there's a pretty solid number of the latter, so in knowledge of it being widely applicable, I mean it even more.

"Here's to the skinned knees and sutchered hearts. Here's to the unhappy endings and all the false starts."

No comments: