Monday, September 8, 2008

So far, myself, Chris, Terry, and Adam have become this quartet of awesome since I've gotten into town. We've been bouncing between different friends, houses, people we meet, trying to sleep on floors until we find a house. Adam's parents, after meeting us and getting to know us better agreed to let us stay until we finalize our house. We went and looked at one on the South Eastern side of town. It's a perfect location, and it's dirt cheap.

I don't even know where to begin describing the past 3 days. It's basically been a non-stop party. We're having our first band practice tomorrow which blows my mind. I'm so happy with everyone and every aspect. It's like talking to myself about what I want to do with music.

I feel like a new person. I feel like what I've been searching for within myself is finally able to come out because there's no old habits. There's no old bullshit. And there's no routine in my way of being anything but who I really am. I'm realizing now how different I was from what I wanted to be. And I'm realizing that this whole experience now, is a reset. And I'm so thankful for it.

I'm almost a week celibate too. I decided that was the first thing I was going to change. I think that getting involved with girls is complicated, fragile, and dangerous. None of which are good characteristics within a situation while you're trying to ground yourself with a new city. I think that avoiding that, and just trying to make friends and not developing a different mentality, should be a really good benefactor to this whole "reset". I know it's only a week. But I'm honestly aiming until the end of the year.

Lastly. I feel like the four of us (Myself, Chris, Terry, and Adam) are so close after barely knowing each other. It just all clicked. It's like we've been doing this friendship thing for years. And we've been doing it for mere days. It's a really good feeling. And I can't be thankful enough.

No comments: